May 12, 2010

I CAN do this!

As anyone who is trying to get back into a routine, and more specifically get into a running routine knows, there will be times when you fall into a lull. I am experiencing such a lull. I have seen some small results. I have lost a few pounds, noticed that I am getting stronger, and am losing some inches (I even tried on my bridesmaid dress again and it fit much looser). But, the motivation from just starting out has certainly worn off. Today when Kevin got home I was very content to just stay in my warm, dry house and hang out with my kids and husband. The reality is I am still far from my goals and if I want to accomplish them, I need to get my butt out the door. So in the end I psyched myself up, got out of my comfy clothes, into my running gear and hit the road.

The run today wasn't easy. I still feel out of shape since I'm not as fast as I used to be (not that I am fast by any means). Towards the end of my run, I stepped off the side of the road to move away from a car and right into a puddle. But, I did it. I got out and ran even when I really didn't feel like it. My pace was even 20 seconds faster than I had been averaging (and I have dropped about 2 minutes from my pace since starting). Plus I feel great for getting out and running. 

If I get to a point when whatever I am doing seems too hard and not worth the effort, I always think about my relationship with Kevin. The first 2 years were the easy just starting out period. Then we went away to college. For the next 7 years, we lived at least an hour apart. For two of those years we were 7 hours apart. There were many times during those 7 years that I was completely miserable. I loved Kev and knew that he was who I was "meant to be with." So I did what I had to do to make it through. Now we have been married for close to 5 years and have 2 amazing kids. I couldn't be happier and I always try to remember this.

So for anyone out there, especially a new Mom, who is trying to lose weight and get back into running, you can do it! There will be times that it will be hard and you don't want to run or workout, but it will be worth it. If you need any motivation or someone to help psych you up, let me know how I can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment