May 5, 2010

And now for something completely different...

I decided that I need to have a post every once in a while that has nothing to do with working out or running. I have sat through many conversations that were all and only about running. Trust me, it can get very boring. 

Anyway, few weeks ago, Kevin got a phone call to complete a survey about our TV watching. He must have answered the questions correctly because based on that and our age range, we were asked to be a Nielsen Family. It doesn't seem too hard, for a week we have to record what everyone watches on each TV. To make it even more enticing they pay you $30 to do the survey. Kevin and I have debated what we should watch and if you can throw off the ratings. I think we may watch shows for an older demographic anyway. I won't go into what the commercials are, but let's just say I hope I don't have half those issues when I get older!

Yesterday we got the package in the mail with our survey booklets. They actually send you $30 in cash at the start and not after you send the booklets back. Makes me wonder how many people don't fill out the survey and just pocket the money. Our survey starts tomorrow, May 6th so for the next week we get to see how much TV we actually watch. That may be a scary and eye opening thing. Kevin and I have actually talked about doing some "projects" where we try something for 30 days a la Morgan Spurlock. One of the things we talked about was doing 30 days with no TV. Maybe once we see how much TV we actually watch that project will become a reality. Of course we will have to wait until after the Stanley Cup playoffs are over...we can't miss a game (even if the Pens somehow don't make it all the way)! We'll let you know how the TV watching/survey filling out goes.

Go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment