May 6, 2010

The 30 Day Project

In my last post, I mentioned a project I was thinking our family should do. In honor of the fact that Kevin and I are turning 30 this year, the project would be to try something for 30 days straight. Since Kevin has no idea who Morgan Spurlock is I figured I should explain that too. 

So, who is Morgan Spurlock? He filmed the documentary Super Size Me where he at at McDonald's three times a day for 30 days. He also had a TV Reality Series called 30 Days where he or other people completely immerse themselves  in a lifestyle. So Kevin, that is who Morgan Spurlock is and why I referenced him. If you want to know more about him, here is a link to his website.

When I Googled '30 day project' there were a lot of hits and ideas. Seems to be a pretty popular thing to attempt. So what are our ideas? Well, here are a few of them:
1) No TV
2) All home cooked meals (no take-out and as little processed food as we can manage)
3) Go green/reduce our carbon footprint
4) Spend no money (other than current bills and absolute grocery essentials)

We are looking for more ideas of things to try. Please leave any ideas in the comments for us. When we decide on a project and start, I'll post how it goes.

Go Pens!


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I like the idea of going without TV and posting what kinds of things you go and do to replace it. Or trying new and healthy recipes and sharing the winners would be great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, you won't be watching the Pens for the next 30 days!

    ReplyDelete