Mar 5, 2011

Any closer to my goals?

Just before the new year, I listed the goals that I had for 2011. We are two full months in so how am I doing? Let's see....

Keep Up Running - I must say I am doing very well with this. January and February were tough since I wasn't yet training for anything. Plus the lack of daylight and cold/snowy weather also put up road blocks. I still managed to get in about 60 miles each month. So far in March I am doing really well. I have started my training plan for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. In fact, in the past week I ran 30 miles. Not too shabby. Plus it means I can enjoy an extra scoop of Cow Tracks from Vale Wood Farms...yummy!

Make sure to spend some alone time with my husband - We have managed to sneak in some Julie and Kevin time. We get Date Night once a month. We went away without the kids in February. Plus have started up darts and cards night to spend quality time (as I talked about in a previous post).

More family time - I think we are doing well with this. We are trying to make sure that we spend a lot of time with the kiddos on the weekends. The kids are so much fun and they really enjoy each other too!

Read more books -  Normally I am happy to read 2-3 books a year. I am already on my third this year and it's only the beginning of March! I finished up the Run Like a Mother book (totally recommend for all you running mothers out there). I read Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and can't wait to read the other too. Currently, I am reading The Help (I know Mom, it's about time).

Clean House - I'm working on it. We just got a new bookcase for all our books. That was my first step in getting the Utility Room cleared out and organized. I'm trying to figure out how to store all the kiddos toys so they don't completely take over the house. The garage is in serious need of help, but that is a warmer weather project. This is definitely a work in progress. 

Enjoy Life - I certainly am! There are so many moments when I feel like I need to pinch myself because life is just amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment