Jun 20, 2010

Doppelgangers

For many people there is someone out there that looks a lot like them. In today's society, this has become known as a doppelganger. Usually the doppelganger is some celebrity, but Maddie has some ideas of her own on doppelgangers. 
 
Look-a-like 1:
My mom and I both love the brand Life is good. The store Kitty Hawk Kites in the Outer Banks usually has a section in each of their stores that sells Life is good things. Inevitably, we will go to the store and buy t-shirts, hats, or other items. The tag on each of these items has a picture of the Life is good mascot, Jake. A tag from a shirt my mom had purchased was sitting in her room at our beach house. Maddie picked up the tag, looked at it and said..."It's Daddy." What do you think?


Look-a-like 2:
Today I was finishing up the dinner for father's day (we had Beer Butt Chicken, broccoli, and potatoes if you cared). As I was working, Maddie was playing in the living room with some of her toys. After a while, she came running into the kitchen saying something I couldn't quite make out. I turned around, looked at the toy she was holding and realized she was saying, "It's Grandad." I think she was a little closer with this one. 


1 comment: