Aug 27, 2012

Where did the past 2 weeks go?

Really? I am trying to do 1 post a week and I couldn't manage that last week. Two weeks ago was a blur since I worked a lot and late. Of course I can't complain too much since I ended up taking Thursday off to spend time with the kiddos. 


A tea party with the kids and Baabaa

This was the first week of soccer. Kevin is the coach and does really well with the kids. There are 5 kids on the team. Two girls and 3 (maybe) boys who are all 4. He is still working on getting them to understand that you can't use your hands. There are 2 more practices this week and the first game is next Saturday. They are certainly entertaining and fun to watch.


Mad shooting on goal

Another delicious box for the CSA this week. The Asian eggplant is long and skinny. We made eggplant parm again. I think we have eaten more eggplant in the last few weeks than in the last few years. With all the veggies and all the running, Kevin (and a little me) have really been craving carbs. 





Week 11
Basil
Bell Peppers (Sunset)
Cabbage
Corn
Eggplant (Asian)
Garlic
Onion
Saladette Tomatoes
Tomatoes
Green Beans

Not too much to say about my running this week. I got in it when I could find the time. My long run went really well!

Day 1 (M) - 7.04 miles in 59:29 - just a simple run around town
Day 2 (T) - Rest Day forced by too much craziness!
Day 3 (W) - 3.00 miles in 24:20 on CC track
Day 4 (T) - 5.73 miles in 52:31 - hill workout up the hill from CC to Highland
Day 5 (F) - Rest Day! Needed after a crazy week!
Day 6 (S) - EARC day at Canoe Creek - 4.08 miles around the lake on the trails in 41:26
Day 7 (S) - GREAT run on GTT from Twin Rocks up to near RT 219 and back. 15.0 miles in 2:12:07 with the mid 7 at race pace averaging 8:32 min/mile...which is faster than I was thinking, but I felt really good. Plus when the surroundings look like this, it's hard to not enjoy the run!

That put me at 34.85 miles run in a total time of 5:09:53.


Ghost Town Trail at Twin Rocks

The next week was also a blur with soccer and running again. The kids seemed to respond better at practice and were excited for their first game. Maddie's team did well and the game went better than expected. By the end of the game, they picked up on what they were supposed to do and the "goal" of the game.

Mad dribbling the ball up the field

Dad showing Maddie how to do a throw-in
Miles bugging out at the playground during Mad's practice

It was week 12 for our CSA.  Lots of tomatoes this week. Plus a variety of colors of sweet peppers. The red peppers are especially delicious. And more eggplant...this time I made Baba Ghanoush. We picked up fresh pitas from our favorite Greek restaurant to go with it. It was quite tasty and a nice change from eggplant parm. 


Week 12
Corn
Eggplant
Leeks
Peppers –Red & Sweet Banana
Red Cabbage
Saladette Tomatoes
Tomatoes
Broccoli

It was a busy week and my mileage was upped. I also got in my longest run ever - 16 miles. I am looking forward to a slightly dialed back week next week! 

Day 1 (M) - Rest day after a hard 15 miles the day before
Day 2 (T) - 3.48 miles in 29:34 - run home from Maddie's soccer practice from Revloc Park on the GTT
Day 3 (W) - 3 mile tempo run with warm-up and cooldown for a total of 5.51 miles in 45:50
Day 4 (R) - 3.57 miles in 30:50 - run home from soccer again
Day 5 (F) - 7.64 miles in 1:06:19 - missed this run on Monday, so put it in Friday. It was HOT out...
Day 6 (S) - 16.0 miles in 2:27:33 - the final 4-5 miles with Sarah...so much easier when running with people!
Day 7 (S) - A much needed rest day!

I ended up with a total of 36.2 miles last week in a time of 5:18:11. If you look at the 7 day period of Sunday to Saturday I ran a total of 51.20 miles! I don't have Kevin's mileage for the past 2 weeks. If I don't publish tonight...it won't happen! 

We also made the decision to purchase a treadmill to help with our training. It's the Sole F80 and hopefully we will decide this was a wise decision!! We also got a new toy to go with the treadmill, the new iPad! It's a lot of fun to play with and the kiddos are really enjoying all the games that they can play.

Fun with Photobooth!
This week is a little more free time there are no longer soccer practices since the games have started. We are hoping to get caught up on things around the house and look forward to a extended Labor Day weekend!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment