Sep 5, 2011

My little baker

One of the things that I always looked forward to being able to do as a Mom is to bake cookies with my kids. If you know me, you know that I love to bake. I also love to cook, but baking is my specialty. Maddie and I had made some cookies in the past, with varying success and she didn't do a whole lot except watch. Over the weekend, we made cut out cookies and she was a big help! 

I made the dough ahead of time so it could chill. Then we rolled it out and Mad used all the cookie cutters to make the cookies. We mad stars, frogs, feet (yeah I have a foot cookie cutter), and her favorite butterflies (she is such a girl). 

I think she needs a smaller apron!

With her favorite cookie cutter - the butterfly
As the cookies baked, we made the icing. We made white, purple, and green. Before icing, you always have to taste the cookies to make sure they came out OK!

Tasting her cookies

Finally it was time to ice the cookies. Maddie added the blue, pink, and yellow sprinkles to the cookies. She did a great job and was very exciting to show off her handiwork (and eat it too)!

Look at her concentration...adding sprinkles is a big deal

No comments:

Post a Comment